If domain name registrations are to be an indication of a company’s future direction, it looks like Ubisoft is about to look at mobile gaming seriously. The company recently registered two domain names related to mobile – Ubisoftmobile.com and Ubisoft-mobile.com. At the moment both URLs lead to parked websites and nothing related to Ubisoft, so we can’t say for sure. But if Ubisoft didn’t purchase the domain names just to prevent any future cyber-squatting, it looks like the game publisher/developer could be focusing its efforts on creating mobile games in the future. Maybe through a new division called Ubisoft Mobile in the future? What do you think?
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-07: Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2014-04-01: Ubisoft: No Watch Dogs Demo Planned
- 2014-03-30: Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases