Good news LG Optimus 2x and G2X owners, if you have been itching to see Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich make its way onto your device, it seems that your prayers might have been answered in the form of a very early CyanogenMod 9 build. Now we know that LG has plans to officially update some of their devices to Android 4.0 this year, the Optimus 2x being in the first batch, but if patience is not a virtue of yours, then perhaps this ROM might be worth checking out.
Developer Ricardo Cerquiera has warned anyone looking to flash CM9 onto their 2x/G2X that this is a very early build, and that bugs and instability is to be expected. So far based on user feedback, there seems to be quite a few bugs and glitches discovered, such as unstable camera support and music playback issues just to name a few. However if you’d like to help the developer weed out some bugs, or if you’re curious and want a sneak peek of what to expect when the Android 4.0 update officially arrives for your phone, pop on over to the RootzWiki forums for the download link and more information.
Next Story: Ion Jukebox Dock for iPad is nostalgic [Updated]
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2012-08-14: LG Optimus 2X confirmed for Ice Cream Sandwich in South Korea
- 2012-08-13: LG Optimus 2X to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2012-07-30: LG Optimus 2X denied Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-04-07: T-Mobile G2x officially priced with a release date
- 2011-03-22: T-Mobile G2X officially announced