Are you looking forward to Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 8 platform? Well if you are, ViewSonic might be releasing a 10” tablet with Windows 8 on board in Q2 of 2012. Wait, what? If you’re wondering why that sounded a little odd, it’s because Microsoft’s Windows 8 platform is expected to only see a release in the Fall of Q3 2012, so why would ViewSonic have a Windows 8 tablet ready in Q2 of 2012?
This is according to ViewSonic Asia Pacific’s product marketing director, Max Liu, who revealed “The Windows 8 model will come with a 10-inch display with high resolution initially.” Like we said earlier, since Windows 8 will only be arriving in Q3, the only possible explanation for such a claim would be that ViewSonic will be releasing a Windows 7 tablet in Q2 2012 but will receive a Windows 8 upgrade when it is available. What do you guys think? Was it a mistake on Max Liu’s part or is the upgrade to Windows 8 a more likely scenario?
Update – Thanks to a ViewSonic representative, it looks like this matter has been cleared up. It seems that ViewSonic will not be releasing a Windows 8 tablet in Q2 of 2012, but rather the second half of 2012, and will be timing the release of the tablet around the same time Microsoft’s next-generation operating system is expected to roll out.
- 2014-04-02 Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2014-04-01 Users Migrating From Windows XP Prefer Windows 7 Over Windows 8
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft "Strongly" Encouraging OEMs To Bundle OneNote With Windows 8.1
- 2014-03-19 Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2013-01-08 ViewSonic Unveils 23-inch, 27-inch, 32-inch Windows 8 Touch Displays