The Xbox 360 has been the best selling console in the US for the past year, and it looks like it’s going to maintain its popularity. Despite being a few years old; it looks like the console isn’t going to disappear anytime soon, especially since there won’t be an Xbox 720 this year. The NPD recently reported that for the month of January 2012, the Xbox 360 sold over 270,000 units, which puts it as the best selling console of that month, and on track to dominate 2012 as well – assuming January’s performance is any indication for the rest of the year.
And if you wanted to know the games that helped pushed sales of the Xbox 360 last year? The best selling games for the Xbox 360 in the US were: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, NBA 2K12 and Just Dance 3. With new Halo and Fable games arriving this year, the Xbox 360 still has plenty of life left.
Next Story: Netflix for Android update fixes bunch of bugs
- 2014-04-23 Grid Autosport By Codemasters Coming This June
- 2014-04-14 Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11 Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07 GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06 Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2013-12-16 Shoot Many Robots Free On Xbox 360 Through Games With Gold
- 2012-03-08 Xbox 360: still the best-selling console in the US
- 2011-10-14 Xbox 360 still selling well
- 2011-03-10 Kinect is the fastest selling consumer electronics device of all time
- 2010-09-10 Xbox 360 sits pretty at the top in US for August