Verizon Wireless has already introduced the latest software updates for both the Motorola Droid XYBOARD 8.2 and XYBOARD 10.1 tablets (we have reviewed the two of them already, where you can read it here and here). As with any other update, you can expect a bunch of improvements, and this time around, global roaming is supported. Basically, this translates to the ability to connect to the Internet regardless of where your XYBOARD travels with you over a 4G network – as long as it is supported in that part of the world, that is, and also be prepared to be slapped with a rather shocking roaming fee at the end of the month. Something tells me that this is going to be a service used only in extreme emergencies, where you have exhausted all other avenues of getting online. On the other hand, when you are overseas, chances are you will fall back on Wi-Fi connectivity most of the time.
Apart from that, this update will also deliver improved scrolling in the web browser, a superior touch response, wireless improvements, as well as the ability to use the keyboard whenever the tablet is placed within a docking station. You can read about the XYBOARD 8.2 update here and the XYBOARD 10.1 update here.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2011-12-08: Motorola DROID XYBOARD to go on sale tomorrow
- 2011-12-06: Motorola DROID XYBOARD and white DROID RAZR announced
- 2011-12-02: Motorola DROID Xyboard accessories start arriving in stores
- 2011-12-01: Motorola Xyboard launching on Verizon this month
- 2011-11-22: Motorola Xyboard Android tablet arriving on December 8th?