If having virtual Post-It notes on your computer desktop isn’t enough for you – how about having virtual ones on your wall instead? Well, it looks like that’s what 3M is trying to accomplish with its Augmented Reality Post-It app for the iPad. The app allows users to take pictures of themselves with a speech bubble outlining their message before posting it on a message wall that is covered by a printable marker. Users can only read post it messages through the app as well (obviously, since the “Post-Its” are virtual).
A pretty cool idea, especially if you’d like to leave secret messages for your friends or family to find. The app will be introduced at South by Southwest (SXSW) this week and will hopefully hit the Apple App Store soon. Check out the video demonstration above to see it in action.
- 2014-01-28: Augmented Reality In Public Buses Might Attract More Passengers
- 2014-01-06: Turkish Bank App For Windows Phone Incorporates Augmented Reality
- 2013-12-20: Meta Pro Smart Glasses Wants To Take Augmented Reality To The Next Level
- 2013-10-17: Wikitude Studio Upgrade Brings Video Augmentations
- 2013-10-01: Volkswagen Demonstrates MARTA AR App To Help With Repairs
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2012-11-14: Dijit NextGuide Update