If you held out from buying the Kindle Fire so far, you might have two new tablets from Amazon to look forward to this year. According to Digitimes, Amazon has plans to launch two new tablets in the second half of 2012 – a 7″ and a 10″ model. Apparently Amazon will still be sourcing touch panels from Wintek and TPK Holdings, while it will be outsourcing production of the 10″ model to Quanta Computer and Foxconn Electronics. Amazon is also said to be reducing orders for its e-Paper products to E Ink – a sign that it is reducing its focus on the traditional Kindle eBook reader?
Amazon has done really well with sales of the Kindle Fire, so it makes sense to ride out the wave on the tablet as long as it can before releasing a refresh. No word on what new features will be put into these rumored tablets, but Amazon will have a lot to live up to if it hopes to compete against the new iPad announced earlier today. As usual, rumors will remain rumors until they are officially announced – stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted.
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-02-05 Amazon Video Ads Business Gets Detailed
- 2013-12-05 Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- 2013-11-18 Original Kindle Fire Receives Unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-11-18 Amazon Rolls Out Kindle Fire OS 3.1 With BYOD Support, More
- 2013-11-04 Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules