LG Thrill 4G owners, if you were patiently awaiting the day your device received its Android 2.3 Gingerbread update, it looks like the wait is finally over. After about four months since its international sibling, the Optimus 3D, received its Gingerbread update, owners of the device in the US can finally experience Gingerbread on their phones, assuming they haven’t installed a Gingerbread ROM already or have since switched to an Android 4.0 ready device.
The update brings about several new features taken from the Optimus 3D’s update, such as the 2D and 3D video editor, a faster gallery performance, improved video quality and the usual Gingerbread goodies. The update is available via LG’s PC software update utility, so if you haven’t gotten rid of your device just yet, that’s how you can expect to update the phone.
The good news is that since the Optimus 3D has been announced that it will be getting a bump to Android 4.0 in the future, we won’t be surprised if the Thrill 4G did not follow suit, although we’re hoping that the delay will be shorter this time round. So, any LG Thrill 4G owners happy about this update, or are you guys already planning to switch to its successor, the Optimus 3D Max?
- 2014-04-24 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Hits Android
- 2014-04-24 IFTTT For Android Makes Its Official Debut On Google Play
- 2014-04-24 iPod Ad Impressions Are Actually Higher Than BlackBerry And Windows Phone Devices
- 2014-04-24 Windows Phone Overtakes BlackBerry In The US [Report]
- 2014-04-24 Android 4.4.3 Might Bring A Redesigned Dialer
- 2013-05-01 AT&T LG Optimus G Pro Hands On Rreview
- 2011-11-11 LG Nitro HD photo revealed, headed to AT&T
- 2011-08-30 LG Thrill 4G arriving on AT&T September 4th
- 2011-08-17 AT&T LG Thrill 4G delayed again
- 2011-03-21 LG Thrill 4G announced on AT&T