With Rovio releasing iteration after iteration of the Angry Birds franchise, you would think that people would eventually get sick of flinging birds at pigs, right? Well perhaps Rovio thought that might happen which might explain the vastly different gameplay that one experiences when playing Angry Birds Space, and we guess it was no surprise when Rovio took to Twitter to announce that Angry Birds Space has hit a whopping 10 million downloads in the first three days of its release.
The exact split between paid, free, iOS and Android versions of the game were not revealed, but all in all, 10 million downloads in the first three days is still a pretty impressive feat. If you have yet to check out what all the fuss is about, the game is currently available on iOS and Android, with the iOS version priced at $0.99 for the iPhone/iPod touch, $2.99 for the iPad. Android on the other hand gets it free but it comes with ads, although a paid version is available for $0.99 while the tablet version will retail for $2.99.
- 2013-05-31: Angry Birds Space Makes It Way Onto Blackberry 10
- 2013-01-11: Angry Birds Space "Splash" Update Now Available
- 2012-11-07: Angry Birds Space now available for Windows Phone 8
- 2012-11-02: Angry Birds Space updated with 10 new levels
- 2012-06-21: Rovio launches free version of Angry Birds Space for iOS devices
- 2012-05-31: Angry Birds Space updated with Utopia episode