Bad news for Windows Phone owners out there. Rovio’s latest game, Angry Birds Space, won’t be making its way over to the Microsoft platform anytime soon. According to a recent report from Bloomberg, Rovio’s chief marketing officer mentioned that they have no plans to release Angry Birds Space on Windows Phone due to the fact that they would have to completely rewrite the app.
Despite having the number one game on the Windows Marketplace at the moment – the original Angry Birds, it looks like it isn’t a big enough incentive to spend resources porting the game to the platform. Not to mention, they don’t have a large enough user base (compared to Android and iOS) to justify it either. That’s quite a blow to the fledgling mobile operating system – if one developer feels that way about it, we’re pretty sure other developers can too.
Hopefully this doesn’t start a chain reaction with other developers out there. Any multi-platform developers want to chime in with their own opinions?RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Follow: angry birds, angry birds space, rovio, windows phone,
- Seen at: bloomberg