Rovio, the group behind the hit mobile game Angry Birds, has managed to come to an agreement with Wal-Mart, the largest retailer in the US. This new collaboration will see clues to a new version of the game embedded in merchandise that are sold in Wal-Mart stores. Such a move intends to move Angry Birds fans into Wal-Mart stores, while achieving the side effect of having shoppers being drawn to the game as well. Limited-edition T-shirts, soft toys and snacks will hold clues which are able to unlock bonus levels of Angry Birds Space that will hit app stores from tomorrow onwards.
According to Rovio’s marketing chief, Peter Vesterbacka, “Only Wal-Mart can deliver the reach across America for this type of program and we wish our fans luck as they seek out our hidden clues.” As for Wal-Mart, their statement mentions, “This is just one of many exciting partnerships Wal-Mart is forging to give our customers access to exclusive content.” Will you be spending more time at Wal-Mart after this announcement?
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive