Apple’s rumored “iTV” may or may not exist, and the only “evidence” we have of such a device is when it was mentioned in Walter Isaacson’s biography of Apple’s late co-founder Steve Jobs. Unfortunately that was enough to start the rumor mill going and it does not look like it has any plans to stop. So when can we look forward to the mythical device? According to Jefferies & Company analyst, Peter Misek, it is possible that we are looking at a Q4 launch.
He arrived at that conclusion after a trip to the East and after a meeting with his unnamed sources, who revealed that “Specialty components have begun to ship to Apple’s Asia panel suppliers with polarized films, filters, and IGZO components starting to move in small quantities,” and that commercial production of the rumored device is expected to begin in May/June with 2M to 5M builds.
We’ve come across many Apple rumors in the past – some have proven to be true, and some have turned out to be outrageous lies, so until we start seeing more concrete evidence (i.e. leaked components, inventory listings, etc), we suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now.RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Talking To LG, Sharp, AU Optronics For iTV Display Panels
- Apple Busy Hiring iWatch Designers, Pushing For 2014 Release [Rumor]
- Apple iTV Will Launch This Year With iRing Accessory, According To Analyst
- Apple iWatch May Be Unveiled By The End Of 2013
- Apple executive reportedly denies that the "iTV" will be launching in the near future
- Follow: itv,
- Seen at: bgr