Ultrabooks are the in-thing to own if you want a really slim and light notebook that does not skimp on processing power, and Asus has got your back with a couple of their new Zenbooks – the UX31A and the UX21A, where they will feature Ivy Bridge, WiDi, a matte Full HD IPS display and a backlit keyboard for those who love working late into the night and in super dark conditions. The matte screen options will see its highest specifications carry a 1920 x 1080 resolution on an IPS display, where it delivers 350 nits of brightness for the upgraded IPS display, and 300 if you settle for the conventional LCD display instead (not to mention a dropped resolution of 1600 x 900 on the UX31A and 1366 x 768 on the UX21A).
It is nice to see Intel’s Wireless Display (WiDi) media streaming technology come integrated in both Asus Zenbooks, reducing the need for yet another cable in your home, while other connectivity options include 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. As for physical ports, they include an SDXC memory card reader, a couple of USB 3.0 ports, and a micro HDMI output. Are you looking forward to either device?
Next Story: Volvo S40 comes with pedestrian airbag
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-05-23: ASUS Zenbook ultrabooks with Ivy Bridge will be coming to the US
- 2011-12-09: ASUS to debut display swiveling ultrabook in 2012?
- 2011-11-23: Acer and ASUS could debut 1080p ultrabooks in 2012
- 2011-11-10: Acer and ASUS scale back ultrabook production
- 2011-10-11: Asus Zenbook UX31 Preview