If you want to use your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note LTE on T-Mobile’s network, you’re in luck. The folks over at XDA-developers have managed to come up with a way to do so – and you even get to connect to T-Mobile’s “4G” network! All you need to do is perform a carrier unlock, a root, and flash a T-Mobile radio – and you’re good to go. Now before you start thinking about – how come we can’t do this with all AT&T phones?
Before you start thinking – why can’t all AT&T phones be unlocked and used on T-Mobile in the same way, it’s because the Galaxy Note has the necessary HSPA+ access built-in, just that it is configured to different bands hence the need to hack the phone before it can work.
If you’re interested in turning your AT&T Galaxy Note into a T-Mobile HSPA+ compatible device, the instructions are available on XDA-developers. As usual, remember to back up your device and make sure you know what you’re doing before attempting anything. You never know what could go wrong.RELATED
- Fleksy Keyboard Makes Its Way To iOS Through Third-Party Apps
- Motion Monitor App For Nokia Lumia 1520 Announced
- Samsung Has Reportedly Integrated Its Wireless And Camera Divisions
- Windows Phone 9 To Ditch Metro UI [Rumor]
- Lenovo S930 And Lenovo S650 Announced
- Follow: Android, at&t, Galaxy Note, Samsung, t-mobile,
- Seen at: phandroid