A few days ago, we reported that the Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition had been announced, much to the disappointment of many who were in reality hoping for a Baldur’s Gate III as opposed to a graphically souped up version of the game. The good news for those looking forward to Baldur’s Gate III is that the idea of a sequel is still there, according to Beamdog’s Cameron Tofer, who revealed that Baldur’s Gate III has always been a long-term goal of theirs.
“We have a lot of things to put in place before such a project can be launched. So currently there is no such project but that’s the one we want to do. Our thoughts have been that Enhanced Edition for BG 1 and 2 just make sense before there’s any Baldur’s Gate 3.”
Cameron Tofer also revealed that crowd-sourced funding could be one of the ways to help fund the possibility of a Baldur’s Gate III, and that popular crowd-sourced funding website Kickstarter was one of their considerations. Until then, it looks like fans of the franchise will have to contend with the Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition which is scheduled to see a launch in the summer of 2012.RELATED
- Ingress Storyline Set To Continue?
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- The Walking Dead Game Season 2 Trailer Focuses On Clementine's Survival
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Seen at: vg247