According to rumors online, the Call of Duty for 2012 is going to be a sequel to Black Ops. Aptly titled Black Ops 2, alleged details of the game were posted up on the official Black Ops forums and Activision forums but were then taken down – leading people to believe that the information could be correct. While nothing about the game has been confirmed so far, here’s a summary of what leaked online:
Black Ops 2 is said to be released on November 6th, and will feature a new game mode called Escort – where a player must be escorted to one of three areas without being killed. Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will be in the game, while Team Defender and Infected will be cut. The game is said to feature Modern Warfare 3′s scoring system in multiplayer. Call of Duty ELITE is said to be fully incorporated in the game, and clan tournaments can now be implemented.
There are a lot more different changes which I won’t list here, but you can check them out at the source link below. But if it turns out to be true, it sure looks like Activision will be using the new features implemented in MW3 and improving them for Black Ops 2. No word on when the game will be officially announced, but we should find out more in the coming months.
- 2014-04-15: Snoop Dogg Featured In Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Voice Pack
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2013-07-25: Activision Community Manager Slams Gamers Who Post Death Threats
- 2013-06-25: Black Ops 2 Vengeance Map Pack Brings Back The Replacers
- 2013-04-16: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Uprising Map Pack Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-05: Black Ops 2 Uprising DLC Launching On April 16 With New Story-Driven Zombies Adventure
- 2013-04-02: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Next DLC 'Uprising' Releasing On April 16 [Rumor]