If you own and Android or iOS device, chances are you’ve been asked to play or you’re already playing a game called “Draw Something”. If you don’t, you’ve probably seen a friend or a stranger playing it when you’re out – but just in case you didn’t know, Draw Something is a Pictionary-like game that’s recently taken the world by storm. At only five weeks old, the game has reportedly been downloaded 20 million times.
It has almost as many users as the 1.5-year-old Instagram, and more than the 3-year-old Foursquare. The game is said to be generating 6-figures a day for the company behind the app: OMGPOP. Over 1 billion drawings have been drawn since its launch, and as of yesterday – users were creating 3,000 drawings per second! Draw Something is the number one app in 79 countries, with no signs of slowing down. Talk about a hit!
No word on what OMGPOP intends to do with the game or its future plans, but with its small team of only 40 people, they’ve got plenty on their plate to deal with for now. Any of you addicted to this game yet? If you haven’t already, check it out on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.RELATED
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Angry Birds Go! Now Available For Download
- Fox Announces Family Guy Mobile Game Arriving In 2014
- Follow: apps, draw something,
- Seen at: businessinsider