[CeBIT 2012] The Fujitsu M532 tablet briefly appeared in a video in January, but we bumped into it at CeBIT, so this was a great time for a hands-on demo. As you may know, the Fujitsu Stylistic M532 tablet is equipped with a Tegra 3 processor (quad-core) with 32GB of storage and Android 4.0 (ICS), but now we also know that it has an 8 Megapixel camera (back), a 2 Megapixel camera in the front, a mini USB port on the side along with a micro-SD port. There is also a port replicator at the bottom of the device, so this should open interesting options in terms of cradle and accessories (HDMI out, audio ports…).
In terms of software, there are a number of “business” apps pre-installed: this includes Citrix (to use enterprise Window apps), VMWare View (to virtualize a “work” environment), and various Microsoft Office compatible apps. This is designed to cater to the “consumerization” of work devices, also called Bring Your Own Device – or BYOD.
Overall, the design is nice and the tablet feels very light. At 560g, this is one of the lightest 10” tablets. This may not sound important, but if you’re a frequent traveler, or if you transport the tablet in addition to a laptop, the lighter weight does help. As we were using the tablet, the user interface felt very responsive, although we only had a limited time with it.
10″ 1280×800 display
NVIDIA Tegra 3 (T30s) at 1.4GHz, quad-core
32GB of user storage + MicroSD Slot
8 Megapixel + 2 Megapixel cameras
263 x 175 x 8.6mm, 560g
WIFI, 3.5G HSPA+ (some call this “4G” in the U.S)
GPS, Motion sensor,
Next Story: iPhone Damask Edition is one metallic phone
- 2014-03-09: Fujitsu Wants To Use Palm Vein Sensors In Place Of Fingerprints
- 2014-02-25: Fujitsu Prototype Tablet Has Haptic Screen Technology
- 2014-02-20: Fujitsu Glove-Style Wearable Device
- 2013-12-20: Fujitsu To Expand Raku Raku's Availability n Europe
- 2013-12-19: Fujitsu Stylistic Q704 Tablet To Arrive In The US For $1,499
- 2013-03-08: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK E-Series Launched at CeBIT 2013
- 2012-03-09: B-Catch Project - Visual Path calculation by “Piggy” and DFKI
- 2012-03-09: PaceBlade PM240 Windows 8 Tablet with Core i7
- 2012-03-09: Sketching robot makes art a snap
- 2012-03-07: Fujitsu Lifebook Premium Ultrabook - hands-on