[CeBIT 2012] Gigabyte announced a number of new notebooks at CeBIT 2012, including the P2542G gaming notebook which we got to spend some time with. Sporting a striking yellow back cover with a clean “Gigabyte” logo, the laptop is surprisingly not too heavy for a computer of its caliber. It packs a 3rd generation Intel Quad Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB graphics card featuring NVIDIA Optimus Technology, a 7200rpm HDD or SSD SATA III, 15.6″ 1080p full HD display, Surround sound with THX TruStudio Pro Technology, 4 dual-channel stereo speakers and 1 subwoofer, Blu-ray/DVD combo drive, dual air vent design, super speed USB 3.0, and HDMI 1.4 with support for 3D output.
No word on pricing or release date, but we’ll be sure to keep you in the know. In the meantime, check out our gallery for more pictures of the device.
- 2014-01-28: Gigabyte Brix Mini Desktop Packs Quite A Bite
- 2014-01-09: Gigabyte Announces Aorus X7 Gaming Laptop
- 2014-01-09: Gigabyte Announces BRIX Pro DIY PC Kit
- 2013-11-12: Gigabyte P35K Is An Extremely Light Gaming Laptop
- 2013-09-11: Gigabyte Brix 2 Introduced
- 2012-03-09: B-Catch Project - Visual Path calculation by “Piggy” and DFKI
- 2012-03-09: Sketching robot makes art a snap
- 2012-03-07: Gigabyte U2442V and U2442N Ultrabooks - Hands-on
- 2012-03-05: Gigabyte P2542G gaming notebook
- 2012-03-05: Gigabyte unveils U2442N and U2442V Ultrabooks