It is one thing to go to court, but to go up against one of the largest Internet companies in the world is another. Google has been sued by a Frenchman after a Street View photo published online on Street View depicted him as urinating right there in his front yard. This will no doubt made him the laughing stock of his village – although I am quite sure it is nowhere near the level of being the village idiot, right in the rural area of northwest France. The man himself is half a century old, and shares the same village with another 3,000 or so folks. He demands Google to remove the photo, as locals know who he is despite having his face blurred out, in addition to 10,000 euros ($13,300) in damages.
His lawyer said, “Everyone has the right to a degree of secrecy. In this particular case, it’s more amusing than serious. But if he’d been caught kissing a woman other than his wife, he would have had the same issue.” The court that heard his case in the nearby city of Angers will reveal the verdict this coming March 15th.
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-02: Google Street View Brings You The Angkor Wat
- 2014-03-07: Sydney’s Underwater World To Receive Street View Treatment
- 2014-03-06: Visit Hawaii Via Google Street View
- 2013-12-09: DIY Street View Is Now Available
- 2013-12-02: Santa’s Grotto Gets The Google Street View Treatment