It took awhile, but it looks like the Harry Potter books are finally available from Amazon’s Kindle store. Amazon announced today its distribution agreement with J.K. Rowling’s Pottermore, will see the fantasy novel series available for purchase from the Kindle Store worldwide. For those of you unfamiliar with Harry Potter, it is a series of seven fantasy novels by the British author J.K. Rowling. It is one of the most popular and fastest selling books of all time, so it was only going to be a matter of time before it ended up on the Kindle Store as eBooks.
At the moment the books are only in English, but you can expect foreign-language versions of the books in the coming weeks. The books range from $7.99 – $9.99 and include the usual benefits of other Kindle books (e.g. “Buy Once, Read Everywhere”). If you’re interested in picking them up for your Kindle or Kindle-app running device, head here.
Next Story: Google I/O registration is now open
- 2014-04-17 Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16 Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2013-12-09 Epson Connect Printers Synchronize Wirelessly With Kindle Tablets
- 2013-11-04 Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules
- 2013-10-29 Amazon Kindle Matchook Service Now Live; Supports 70,000 Books
- 2012-05-10 Harry Potter e-books hinted for Amazon's Kindle [Updated]