One of the more interesting and unique features of the HTC One S is its metal unibody shell which gives the illusion of being made from ceramic, not to mention reportedly feeling the same as well. This process is known as micro arc oxidation which HTC is particularly proud of, and has since prompted the Taiwanese company to release a video detailing the process.
According to the company, the process involves aircraft grade aluminum with 10,000 volts of energy focused directly onto the metal, which in a way could be thought of lightning striking the device, causing the aluminum to gain that ceramic look and feel. HTC also pointed out that this is not a coating, but rather a treatment to the metal.
Apart from the aesthetic results, the treatment also enhances the durability, reportedly making it about five times stronger than aircraft grade aluminum and about three times stronger than stainless steel. So, has this inspired you to get the HTC One S now?RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: HTC, one s,
- Seen at: engadget