Some time in February, we reported that HTC had outed several devices that would be seeing the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, and amongst those devices was the HTC Thunderbolt. Now unfortunately back when HTC revealed their Android 4.0 plans, there was no mention of a specific release date, but thanks to an alleged leaked email from HTC, testing of Android 4.0 is apparently underway and that they are currently looking for ten HTC Thunderbolt owners to participate in the soak test.
Ten seems like a pretty small number for a soak test, but we guess it’s a start, right? Granted we can’t really confirm the authenticity of the email, but according to its contents, the soak test is expected to begin next week and will run until April, which is hopefully when we will be seeing the release of the update for Thunderbolt owners. Until we get more details, we suggest taking this with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us in the near future where hopefully we will have something a bit more concrete for you.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2011-10-17: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-09-30: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update suspended temporarily
- 2011-08-31: HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-08-17: New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked
- 2011-08-04: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update to arrive this quarter?