Last week HTC started pushing out the Ice Cream Sandwich update for its Sensation and Sensation XE phones in Nordic countries and today it has announced the addition of a number of new devices to the its list that will be getting the update as well. In addition to all the variations of the HTC Sensation, we’ll see Ice Cream Sandwich on the DROID Incredible 2, Amaze 4G, Desire S, Desire HD, EVO 3D, EVO Design 4G, Incredible S, Raider, Rezound, Rhyme, Thunderbolt and Vivid.
Next in line to get the updates will be the Sensation 4G and Sensation XL, and as usual it should be on the non-carrier branded phones first. No word on a more specific release date for other devices, but judging by today’s announcement it shouldn’t be too far away. It’s also nice to see HTC still supporting one of its older phones on its list – the Desire HD. Have an HTC device that you think should be on the list?
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2012-07-27: HTC explains why the Desire HD won't be getting ICS
- 2012-07-22: HTC Desire HD will not receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update
- 2012-07-16: Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Desire HD cancelled?
- 2012-07-02: HTC Incredible S to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2012-05-28: HTC Sensation XL starts getting Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update