If you happen to own one of the following three – the HTC Sensation, Sensation XE and Vivid, then you might be pleased to know that HTCdev has already rolled out the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich kernel source. For folks who stuck to the official update from HTC and your respective mobile carriers should not be able to eke out any form of noticeable use from this newly released source code, but the other group who prefer to flash custom ROMs might be able to see a whole lot more happen with this code in the coming weeks ahead, depending on how the development community ‘plays’ with the kernel source. One can fully expect HTC to roll out the Ice Cream Sandwich kernel source for additional HTC devices in due time. In fact, the HTC Sensation 4G from T-Mobile is tipped to be on the receiving end of the update before the month is over, while the Sensation XL is tipped ot be next in line. Image courtesy of HTC Source.
Next Story: Sharp RW-T110 tablet arrives late to 2012 party
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2012-07-27 HTC explains why the Desire HD won't be getting ICS
- 2012-07-22 HTC Desire HD will not receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update
- 2012-07-16 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Desire HD cancelled?
- 2012-07-02 HTC Incredible S to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2012-05-28 HTC Sensation XL starts getting Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update