Thanks to what appears to be a leaked schedule of Intel’s upcoming Ivy Bridge processors, it seems that we can expect a host of Intel Ivy Bridge chipsets to start launching between April 22nd and April 28th. This seems to contradict earlier reports that the upcoming chipset by Intel has been delayed until June, but we guess until we get an official word from Intel themselves, perhaps it might be best to take this with a grain of salt for now.
The chipsets available on the 29th of April includes the “Core i7 and Core i7 Extreme families, desktop Core i7, Core i5-3570K, i5-3570T, i5-3550, i5-3550S, i5-3450 and i5-3450S.” For those looking to get their hands on refresh Mac products, the Core i7 mobile processors are a strong candidate for future MacBook Pro refreshes, while the others might end up in the next-gen iMac which is due for a refresh soon. However for those looking forward to seeing Ivy Bridge chipsets make their way into MacBook Airs in the form of the Ultra or U-Series low voltage processors, if the report is to be believed, they will not be launching until the 3rd of June.
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-06: Intel Sharks Cove Windows-Compatible Dev Board Not The Last
- 2014-04-02: Intel To Offer Exclusive Content On Devices Powered By Their Chips
- 2014-04-01: Intel $99 MinnowBoard Max Unveiled
- 2013-09-11: Alienware Aurora Gaming Desktop Now Packs Ivy Bridge-E Processors
- 2013-09-02: Ivy Bridge-E Processors Expected To Be Unveiled At IDF 2013
- 2012-12-10: Intel Readies 13W CPUs, Dives Deeper in Low-Power Territory
- 2012-05-04: Unshipped Alienware laptops with Sandy Bridge will be upgraded to Ivy Bridge for free
- 2012-04-18: Lenovo roadmap points at 5th June release for Ivy Bridge laptops