Great news for those of you who spend a lot of time away from your WiFi connection at home – you now have the freedom to download larger apps thanks to iOS 5.1. According to reports online, iOS 5.1 now lets users download music and apps up to 50MB in size over their data connection – users were previously limited to only 20MB. This bump in the download cap comes with the launch of the new iPad, which has a higher resolution display (which should result in larger, heavier apps) and its 4G LTE connectivity – after all, what’s the point of 4G if you’re not using it to download large files right? Also, be sure to check out our coverage of yesterday’s event if you haven’t already. We’ll definitely be getting the new iPad in the coming weeks, so watch out for a review as well.
Next Story: Dell has Windows 8 tablet plans
- iOS 7.1 Reminds Users Of 15 Minute Window While Making In-App Purchases
- iPhone Might Have Saved Soldier's Life In Afghanistan
- Apple Reportedly Planning On Opening Neighborhood Retail Stores In India
- iOS 7.1 Sees 6% Adoption Rate In First 24 Hours In North America
- iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1