Just yesterday we reported that iOS 5.1 was launched and available for immediate download, and the good news for iOS users out there is that the update has since been jailbroken! The iPhone Dev Team have recently announced that their Redsn0w jailbreak tool has been updated to allow the jailbreaking of iOS 5.1 devices, but of course there are several caveats that potential jailbreakers should definitely pay attention to.
For starters, iPhone 4S and iPad 2 owners need not bother with this jailbreak (at least for now), no thanks in part to the new A5 chip which is apparently a lot more harder to break into, and we’re guessing that the A5X chip present in the new iPad will not be any different. It should be noted that this jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak, and for the uninitiated, this means that whenever you reboot your device, you will have to connect it to your computer to boot it back up in its jailbroken state.
Granted it’s not exactly a deal breaker, but it could prove highly inconvenient at the worst o times. Either way for the download link, head on over to the iPhone Dev Team’s blog where additional and extremely important information can be found. Remember, all of this is done at your own risk!
Next Story: Nokia details Lumia 800 firmware update
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-01-21: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Might Not Be Possible
- 2013-12-30: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Jailbreak Now Available
- 2013-12-29: Jailbreak For iOS 6.1.3 And 6.1.4 Coming Soon
- 2010-09-23: iOS 4.1 Game Center Ported To Jailbroken iPhone 3G
- 2010-11-23: redsn0w 0.9.6b4 jailbreak targets iOS 4.2.1