It looks like the next version of Apple’s mobile operating system, iOS 6, is currently in the works. According to the folks over at ArsTechnica.com, they’ve been receiving page views from iPad tablets claiming to be running on iOS 6. In addition to the new operating system, they also happen to be running a newer build of the Apple WebKit browser. There’s no telling if the devices are iPad 3 tablets, but ArsTechnica.com has also been receiving page views from devices with a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 – the purported display resolution of the upcoming tablet.
There’s also no information linking the two pieces of information together, so they could be separate devices, but seeing as there aren’t exactly many devices that run on that resolution, there’s a good chance they could be the iPad 3. The iPad 3 is expected to launch with iOS 5.1, but iOS 6 might be given a preview that day – before its official launch (which should coincide with the release of the next iPhone). We’re only two days away from the launch of the iPad 3, we won’t have to wait too long to find out. Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2013-05-17: iOS Devices Now Approved For Military Use By Department Of Defense
- 2013-03-27: iOS 6.1.3 Users Report Battery Drain, Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- 2013-03-04: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-21: iOS 6.1.3 Beta Addresses iPhone Passcode Security Exploit
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days