iPhone 4 owners who did not pick up their free bumper case from the day they bought their device until the 27th of February 2012 are eligible for a $15 settlement payout. If that’s you, you will be able to file a claim online to claim $15 for not receiving or opting for the free bumper case that Apple was offering iPhone 4 owners during the infamous “Antennagate” incident.
For those who don’t own the iPhone 4 or who might have missed the news, the “Antennagate” incident basically involved the device experiencing a loss in cell reception dramatically when held in a certain way. Apple initially offered up an explanation for the problem, but eventually rectified the situation by offering iPhone 4 owners a free bumper case that supposedly helped with cell reception.
In any case, iPhone 4 owners will have until the 28th of August 2012 to make their claim, but remember, this is only for iPhone 4 owners who did not claim their free bumper case because if you did, then you would not eligible for this payout.
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger