It has been reported in the past that in order to attract a wider audience, companies like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube are starting to put a lot of resources into creating original content, and now it seems that Amazon could be hopping aboard that bandwagon as well, thanks to a LinkedIn profile belonging to a certain Joe Lewis.
The profile has since been edited, but not before it was spotted that Joe Lewis had listed his current job as “Vice-President of Original Television at Amazon”, and had also listed his previous job as the Director of Production at 20th Century Fox, and the Manager of Development at Comedy Central, which is why seeing him in such a post isn’t all too surprising.
His LinkedIn profile now reads that he is currently the “Vice-President, Production at Amazon Studios”, but to think that Amazon is interested in dabbling in original TV shows isn’t completely unfounded. After all, the company has tried their hand at feature films in the past, and there have been recent reports that Amazon job listings had also called for creative executives to head comedy and kids series.
What do you guys think? Are you looking forward to seeing some comedy or kids television shows from Amazon?
Next Story: Tattoo artist will tattoo your Nokia Lumia 710
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again