If you own a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90z and/or M70z, you might want to take a look at this. Lenovo has announced that they will be recalling both the M90z and M70z all-in-one desktop models due to a possible fire risk. The company has stated that they are currently recalling about 160,000 of the affected models in cooperation with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
It seems that the affected models are from May 2010 to January 2012 and apparently a defective component in their power supply can cause the device to overheat and pose a fire hazard. So far according to Lenovo, there have been two customer reports which have resulted in damage to their computers.
So is your Lenovo M90z or M70z affected? Well, Lenovo has stated that not all models in that timeframe are affected and that the recall is voluntary, but if you’d rather not take that risk, pop on over to Lenovo’s website for more information or to check if your model is one of the affected units.RELATED
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- China Wants Longer Windows XP Support From Microsoft
- Facebook Founder Wants To Deliver Fast Internet To High Schools
- Touchscreen Chromebooks Coming Your Way, Acer C720P Leads The Way
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- Follow: Lenovo,
- Seen at: support.lenovo