Fans of Minecraft Pocket Edition on Android and iOS have got something to look forward to today. Mojang has officially announced a new update for the hit sandbox-building game on mobile devices. The update brings a lot of new features such as the ability to have split touch controls – a mode that is suitable for folks with larger screen devices i.e. tablets, where users get a crosshair on the right half of the screen to rotate the camera.
Other features include new controls for flying, the addition of pigs in Survival Mode, and the usual host of bug fixes. The update should be available now on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Mojang also announced that the update after this will feature the Minecraft Advanced Touch Technology Interface System which should improve how the game is played on a touchscreen.
- 2014-04-23 Minecraft Terrain Creator Spotted
- 2014-04-21 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Candy Texture Pack Now Available
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-13 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-07 The Simpsons Couch Gag Gets A Minecraft Theme
- 2012-02-12 Minecraft – Pocket Edition updated
- 2011-10-07 Minecraft Pocket Edition for Android released
- 2011-05-25 Minecraft is coming to the Xperia Play