Luxury smartphones are an extremely niche market, but that does not mean this is a dying market. I would assume that the number of gold-plated handsets which we have seen in the past do point to a viable channel of profit, but it is not going to be the bread and butter for most. Having said that, the Samsung Nexus S has been souped up thanks to the efforts of Mobiado. In fact, Mobiado now calls it the Mobiado Grand Touch Aston Martin, offering the spirit of the Nexus S with the body that only Mobiado is able to conjure.
For starters, the Grand Touch Aston Martin will come with 139 carats of sapphire crystal, an insert which is actually made out of gold mother of pearl, and a CNC machine anodized aluminum body that makes it an object of striking beauty. The buttons themselves are sapphire crystal, while the screws are all made out of gun metal stainless steel. Not only that, Mobiado adds more class to the battery cover by using a single piece of sapphire crystal. Other hardware specifications include a 4″ display at 480 × 800 resolution, a 5-megapixel camera, but unfortunately, Android 2.3 Gingerbread only.
Next Story: Retina display spotted in iPad 3 event banner
- 2013-11-05 Nexus S Gets A Custom Android 4.4 KitKat ROM Of Its Own
- 2012-12-04 Amazon Kindle Fire 8.9 ROM gets ported onto the Nexus S
- 2012-11-15 Nexus S And Iconia Tab A500 Get Android 4.2 Ports
- 2012-11-14 Nexus S and Motorola Xoom will be kept at Android 4.1.2
- 2012-10-16 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S
- 2012-09-18 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean factory image for Nexus S and Nexus S 4G released
- 2011-12-20 Nexus S Ice Cream Sandwich update suspended
- 2011-08-30 Nexus S voice search bug getting OTA fix this week
- 2011-08-18 Man roots giant Nexus S display at Best Buy