All smartphone manufacturers know that they need a flagship device to spearhead their challenge in a particular market, and I suppose that this kind of marketing thinking applies not only to smartphones, but across all spectrums of products as well, regardless of whether it is lifestyle, fashion, transportation or the like. Pantech, having sided with the Android camp, has just seem what could possibly be their flagship device leaked via an online benchmark database. The handset sports the name Pantech IM-A830S which made an appearance on the GLBenchmark website, and in the process, saw some of its specifications revealed prior to its official announcement.
The Pantech IM-A830S device info page pointed to a Snapdragon S4 chipset that has two Krait CPU cores. Apart from that, it will be powered by the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, and will carry an LCD display with HD resolution, although the size remains to be determined. Touted to debut in Asia first with SK Telecom in South Korea as the mobile carrier of choice, the Pantech IM-A830S will eventually be released worldwide, although no concrete dates have been set just yet.
Next Story: Sony Xperia S can access PlayStation Store now
- 2014-03-19 Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10 Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16 Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05 Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27 Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor