The iPad 2 launched last year with an interesting front cover for the tablet – the versatile Smart Cover which could be used to make your iPad stand on its own, or protect the front of the screen when it’s not in use. Well, according to rumors online, Apple will be continuing the trend by releasing a new Smart Cover designed for the iPad 3. The new Smart Cover is said to be an improvement over the original one, with its main advantage being able to protect the rear and side of the tablet as opposed to the first Smart Cover that only protected the display.
The iPad 3 Smart Cover is also suggested to be similar to Incase’s Magazine Jacket and will feature “a folding magnetized Smart Cover on the front, and a rear shell made from fiberglass covered with PU/bicast leather.” No word on whether it will be compatible with the iPad 2, but Apple would probably be able to sell even more of the covers if it is. The iPad 3 will be unveiled tomorrow, so stick around for more details.
- 2014-04-21: Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-06-12: The Smart Cargo Is An Accessory For The iPad's Smart Cover
- 2013-05-10: Smart Cover Magnets Can Apparently Disable Implanted Defibrillators
- 2012-10-22: Don't buy an iPad 3 today unless you like the old 30-pin connector
- 2012-05-31: Apple's iPad Smart Covers reportedly rake in $500 million every quarter