We know that the iPad 3’s launch is only a day away, but it seems that last minute rumors surrounding the device are still making their rounds on the internet, and the latest piece of rumor we’ve picked up is that the iPad 3 will instead be known as the iPad HD. Now this piece of rumor isn’t exactly new as it was speculated way back in 2011 that the next-gen iPad would receive the “HD” moniker. This was probably fueled by speculation that since the iPad 2 did not see a display upgrade that many had hoped, the third iPad would be the most likely candidate, hence the HD tag.
This rumor has since been further cemented by an alleged list of upcoming iPad cases from Griffin which has listed the product as “iPad HD”. Apple has been known to tag modifiers onto their products in the past, such as the iPhone 3G which indicated its compatibility with 3G networks, and iMovie HD when Apple announced support for 720p and 1080i video. Either way we suggest you not buy into this rumor too much as all will be revealed in a day’s time, so stay tuned and be sure to check back with us for the official details then!
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]