When the Nokia Lumia 610 was announced at the end of last month in Barcelona, Spain, the world rejoiced at the fact that there is another far more affordable Windows Phone handset in the market to play around with, just in case the Lumia 800 is out of your reach. Well, being more expensive does not necessarily translate to being better, as both the Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 do not come with WiFi hotspot capability – something that surprisingly, the Nokia Lumia 610 has. After all, this official confirmation came from Nokia’s website, touting the fact that the Nokia Lumia 610 can function “as a Wi-Fi Hotspot for up to 5 Wi-Fi-enabled devices.”
No idea on why something more affordable has such a feature, when one would have naturally expected otherwise in the higher end models. I guess sometimes, companies do overlook such small details like these, and perhaps a future firmware update will see both the Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 carry WiFi hotspot capability.
Next Story: WiTricity offers wireless charging
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2012-12-30: Nokia Lumia 610 To Get Angry Birds?
- 2012-07-25: Nokia and Quicksilver launch special edition Lumia 610
- 2012-05-29: Rovio looking to fix Angry Birds for the Nokia Lumia 610
- 2012-05-23: Nokia drops support for Skype on the Lumia 610 citing below par user experience
- 2012-04-11: Nokia Lumia 610 with NFC spotted in leaked video