The Nokia Lumia 800 is no longer the premier Windows Phone handset from the Finnish manufacturer, but that does not mean it has been relegated to the dumps. No sir, Nokia still has plenty of plans for the Lumia 800 down the road, and one of them will include the Nokia Lumia 800 PR1.2 firmware update that is said to be in the pipeline, being prepared for a general release soon. We do know that in build 1600.2487.8107.12070/PR1.2, some of the following issues will be fixed – you should no longer experience a fast battery drain, and the amount of bass your ears receive when you listen to tubthumpin’ audio should be more that enough to please audiophiles even.
As for the auto-white balance issue with the camera, it has also been fixed, while the hardware buttons backlights will remain on at all screen brightness levels. No idea on the exact release date though, but don’t just go sell your Lumia 800 yet out of frustration from waiting and get the Lumia 900 when it arrives.
Next Story: Angry Birds played with motion controls
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2013-04-10: Nokia Lumia 620 Firmware Gets Global Rollout
- 2013-04-07: Nokia Lumia 920 Firmware Update Runs Into Plenty Of Issues
- 2013-04-02: Nokia Lumia 920 1308 Firmware Update Arrives In Europe
- 2013-03-28: AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Firmware Update Runs Into Issues
- 2012-12-17: Nokia Lumia 800 Gets Windows Phone 7.8 Officially