While a taser might be a useful weapon when it comes to suppressing individual criminals, it’s not exactly the best one to use when faced with more than one person. Something like mace would be more appropriate – but fumbling around your holster or pouch for the right weapon could be dangerous in certain situations. Well, an inventor named Joel Braun has come up with an idea that might change all that in the future.
Recently approved by the US Patent and Trademark Office, Braun’s patent describes a “Non-Lethal Weapon Mount With Modular Weapon Components.” Basically you can think of it as an all-in-one weapon that combines four of the most common less-lethal weapons technologies: stun guns, disabling sprays, non-lethal bullets and blinding light. Users can customize the weapon to what they like and unleash them individually or as a combination depending on the situation.
A weapon like this would eliminate the need for law enforcement agents and military personnel to risk fumbling for the right device during a life-threatening situation. They’ll just pull out this “gun” from its holster and they’re good to go for a variety of situations. No word on when we’ll be seeing this weapon being used, but criminals better watch out.
Next Story: iOS 5.1 tethered jailbreak now available
- 2014-04-11: Disabled Sea Turtle Gets Artificial Fin To Move Around
- 2014-04-11: Have Body Heat, Will Charge Phone
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-10: Staples To Offer In-Store 3D Printing Service