How many of our readers out there are huge Evangelion fans? Well the good news for Evangelion fans is that NTT DoCoMo over in Japan will be releasing a NERV edtion Android smartphone based on the Sharp SH-06D. The phone will be released this June and is expected to coincide with the release of the newest Rebuild of Evangelion film titled “You Can (Not) Redo”.
As far as its Evangelion theme is concerned, it has been designed to look like a government issued phone in the Evangelion universe with a unique design, built-in content and UI elements created by director Hideaki Anno’s Khara studio. Apart from that, it seems that under the hood we can expect the same hardware specs as the Sharp SH-06D, such as a 4.5” 720p display and with Android 2.3 Gingerbread running the show, albeit with an Evangelion themed UI on top of it.
If you happen to live in Japan, the phone is slated to make an appearance at the Nottv booth at the Anime Contents Expo in Chiba later this month, so perhaps you could drop on by and take a look. Unfortunately at this point in time there are no plans to bring the NERV edition Sharp SH-06D smartphone to markets outside of Japan.
[Image credit - The Verge]
- 2014-01-17 NTT DOCOMO Changes Stance On Tizen Hardware Availability
- 2014-01-10 iPhone Attributed To NTT DOCOMO's Growth In Subscribers
- 2013-12-24 NTT DoCoMo's Tizen Handset Goes Through The FCC
- 2013-10-07 NTT DOCOMO Still Bleeding Subscribers Despite Offering The New iPhones
- 2013-09-30 NTT docomo Shows Off A Range Of Working Smart Glass Concepts
- 2011-11-25 Sharp Aquos SH-01D will arrive in Japan first, US later
- 2011-09-29 NTT DoCoMo and Orange work on 3D smartphone for Europe
- 2011-01-11 NTT announces DoCoMo SH07C Galapagos tablet
- 2010-04-26 Japanese Consortium Looking To New Mobile Platform For Symbian And Linux Smartphones
- 2010-06-17 Lynx SH-10B from NTT DoCoMo looks interesting