How many of our readers out there are huge Evangelion fans? Well the good news for Evangelion fans is that NTT DoCoMo over in Japan will be releasing a NERV edtion Android smartphone based on the Sharp SH-06D. The phone will be released this June and is expected to coincide with the release of the newest Rebuild of Evangelion film titled “You Can (Not) Redo”.
As far as its Evangelion theme is concerned, it has been designed to look like a government issued phone in the Evangelion universe with a unique design, built-in content and UI elements created by director Hideaki Anno’s Khara studio. Apart from that, it seems that under the hood we can expect the same hardware specs as the Sharp SH-06D, such as a 4.5” 720p display and with Android 2.3 Gingerbread running the show, albeit with an Evangelion themed UI on top of it.
If you happen to live in Japan, the phone is slated to make an appearance at the Nottv booth at the Anime Contents Expo in Chiba later this month, so perhaps you could drop on by and take a look. Unfortunately at this point in time there are no plans to bring the NERV edition Sharp SH-06D smartphone to markets outside of Japan.
[Image credit - The Verge]RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: ntt docomo, sharp,
- Seen at: theverge