Opera fans will be pleased to know that their favorite web browser has been updated with tons of new features. Firstly, Opera Mini 7 now supports WebGL hardware acceleration (ported over from Opera Mobile) which makes its compressed browsing mode (Turbo) even faster than before. The Speed Dial page has also been upgraded to show more than 9 websites.
On the other hand, Opera 12 – the desktop version of Opera’s browser – has been upgraded to support HTML5 Drag and Drop (for dragging items between websites and the desktop), CSS3 Animations and CSS3 Transitions has been improved. The browser now supports Out-of-Process Plugins, which means crashing plug-ins no longer crash the entire browser. The Mac version of the browser now defaults to the 64-bit installation (unless you’re running it on a 32-bit Mac). Both browsers are available for download now. Give them a go and let us know what you think.
Next Story: Jabra WAVE – now in red and with A2DP support
- 2014-03-12 Opera Mini 8 Offers Private Mode, Night Mode, New Looks
- 2014-02-21 Opera Sponsored Web Pass, For Ad-Supported Free Mobile Data
- 2014-02-18 Opera Max Aims To Compress Your App Data Usage
- 2014-01-28 Opera Mobile Store Surpasses 100 Million Visitors A Month
- 2013-12-17 Opera Max Beta App Launched For Android Users