Readers out frequent our site may have come across the Pentax Marc Newson-designed K-01 interchangeable lens camera, or the rugged Pentax Optio WG-2 and WG-2 GPS digital cameras. Well the good news for those who have been looking forward to getting their hands on either camera (or both) is that according to Pentax, both cameras are now shipping, with the K-01 priced at $749.95 (body only) or $899.95 (with kit lens), and the Optio WG-2 at $349.95 or $399.95 for the GPS version.
For those who might have forgotten, The Pentax K-01 is Pentax’s answer to the mirrorless system that seems to have taken the camera market by storm. It sports a 16MP APS-C CMOS sensor, a 3” LCD display, 1080p Full HD video capture capabilities, and a flexible ISO range from 100 to 25,600.
As far as the Optio WG-2 and WG-2 GPS are concerned, while they might not be able to capture the same quality images the K-01 can, they make up for it in ruggedness and are waterproof of up to 40 feet in depth, shockproof from drops up to 5 feet, and even crushproof with the ability to withstand up to 220 LBF, coldproof with temperatures up to -10C, and dustproof. Pentax has also introduced a tough mineral crystal cover to help protect internal lens elements. [Press release - K-01, Optio WG-2/WG-2 GPS]
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2012-02-09: Pentax introduces Optio WG-2, WG-2 GPS rugged digital cameras
- 2011-06-27: PENTAX Optio WG-1 GPS now available in orange
- 2011-06-02: Pentax O-GPS1 helps you remember where you took those photos
- 2011-02-07: Pentax rugged Optio WG-1 and WG-1 GPS compact cameras