[CeBIT 2012] Remember ROCCAT’s “Isn’t PC Gaming Dead?” campaign it held awhile ago? It turns out that the images of smartphones being used on the website were more than just a way to display comments. Today ROCCAT introduced Power-Grid: a smartphone app that is designed to take PC gaming to the next level. Essentially a big slap in the face to Razer (see the Razer Blade), ROCCAT Power-Grid lets anybody turn their smartphone into an additional controller for their computer.
Who needs to spend money on a new laptop with a special touchpad when the smartphone we’ve had in our pockets all along can do the job? ROCCAT Power-Grid will give users a fully-customizable button setup on their smartphones so that they can have all their favorite commands always within reach. Users can even customize their layouts with their own clan logos and even share them with friends and teammates, if they think that they’ve found the perfect setup.
Sounds like a pretty awesome way to make use of our smartphones while pushing PC gaming forward. I have a feeling that the gaming community is going to pick up on it in the future. ROCCAT Power-Grid is currently in its beta testing stages right now, and if you’re curious on giving it a go, just head over to the ROCCAT Power-Grid website (iOS-only at the moment).
- 2013-10-22: ROCCAT Power-Grid App Now Available
- 2013-03-04: ROCCAT Special Limited Edition Kone Pure
- 2013-01-04: ROCCAT Ryos Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 2012-12-10: Roccat Delivers 16.8m Colors In Isku FX Multicolor Gaming Keyboard
- 2012-12-10: ROCCAT Isku FX Multicolor Gaming Keyboard Launched
- 2012-03-09: B-Catch Project - Visual Path calculation by “Piggy” and DFKI
- 2012-03-09: PaceBlade PM240 Windows 8 Tablet with Core i7
- 2012-03-09: Sketching robot makes art a snap
- 2012-03-08: CeBIT 2012 features pole dancing robots
- 2012-03-08: Acer announces K520 laser-based light projector