Samsung has already developed the Galaxy brand to more than just smartphones, having thrown phablets into the mix as well. I guess with plenty of legal firepower coming in the form of patents these days, it is always better to be safe than sorry – which is why Samsung has snapped up the rights over a couple more names, the Galaxy Grand and Galaxy Premier. This is no indication that either one of them will arrive as an actual device in due time, as most of the attention right now is focused on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3. Just a couple of months ago, Samsung also filed trademark claims with the USPTO concerning the names Samsung Galaxy Axiom, Samsung Galaxy Awaken, Samsung Galaxy Heir and Samsung Galaxy Rite. The Galaxy Grand and Galaxy Premier monikers are getting more and more upscale – perhaps those will be high end models when released, no? As usual, we consumers would do well to just sit and wait, as patience is the best virtue to practice here.
Next Story: Spotify extends unlimited free listening
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th