TGIF! Yes, it definitely is a good way to end the work week, especially with news that one of Samsung’s most popular smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S2, will finally be receiving the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich this coming March 10, which is a couple of days’ time. In order to perform the upgrade, you will need to ensure beforehand that the Galaxy S2 will have the latest version of Samsung’s KIES software update system, otherwise, as in the words of Gandalf, “You shall not pass!” Phew! This saga certainly deserves a rest, since it has been quite some time (coupled with plenty of uncertainty) as to whether Ice Cream Sandwich will be arriving on the Galaxy S2. Well, since you have waited so long, what are just another one and a half days? It would certainly have been nuts to not release Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung’s flagship handset, don’t you think so?
Update 3/9 – it looks like the release date has been refuted.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2012-07-12: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-21: Samsung Galaxy S2 ships with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2012-03-09: Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich release date refuted
- 2012-02-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM video
- 2012-01-31: Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note to receive Ice Cream Sandwich by Q1 2012