According to Samsung, the Galaxy S3 is expected to see a launch in the first half of 2012, and it seems that many rumors had initially pointed towards an April release, which were shot down, but now it looks like that April launch date could very well be back on track. This is according to reports that revealed that Samsung’s Greater China President, Kim Young-Ha, stated that Samsung could be considering moving up the launch date of the Galaxy S3 from May to April.
No word on why the sudden change, but we guess it’s a good thing that we will be seeing the device slightly earlier than scheduled, but then again this is only a launch and we’ll still have to wait for a release date which hopefully won’t take too long as Samsung is hoping to avoid unnecessary delays, a mistake which they have learnt from the US launch of the Galaxy S2 back in 2011. In any case, April is only a couple of weeks away, so we guess we will be keeping our eyes peeled for more news about a possible launch date, so until then, stay tuned!
Next Story: Le Pan III Android tablet passes through the FCC
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March