If you’ve got a Samsung Galaxy Android smartphone and have concerns about losing your phone, theft and malware, Norton’s Mobile Security app should be right up your alley. Now here’s the good news – according to an announcement from Samsung today, all Samsung Galaxy owners will be given a complimentary 90-day subscription of Norton Mobile Security through Samsung Apps. While it may only be 90 days of free protection, it’s better than having no protection at all. After all, when the free period is over, you can decide whether you want to continue subscribing to the service or you’ve got no use for it.
Norton Mobile Security lets users remote locate their phones, remote lock, remote wipe, scans all files and app updates that are downloaded on your phone, identifying threats and removing before they can cause any harm, scans SD cards, and automatically updates itself with LiveUpdate to ensure you’re always up to date.
Norton Mobile Security can be downloaded for free on your Galaxy device from the “Utility” category in Samsung Apps. Once your trial period is over, you’ll have to decide if you want to pay for the annual $29.99 license.
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2013-10-07: Samsung Galaxy J Leaks With Snapdragon 800 CPU, 5-Inch Display
- 2013-06-18: Samsung Livestreaming Its Galaxy, ATIV June 20th Event
- 2013-04-09: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review
- 2013-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S4 Expected To Begin Shipping In Mid-April [Rumor]