It’s been a couple of days since Apple’s latest iPad was launched, and it looks like Samsung might be looking to get it banned ASAP, at least that’s what earlier reports had suggested. While it was not specified that those were Samsung’s motives, it had been speculated ever since Samsung called for an emergency hearing late Wednesday over in Australia.
The hearing in the end turned out to be over an interlocutory application that was unrelated to the new iPad, much to the relief of would-be iPad owners, although ITNews has quoted some legal experts, such as Florian Mueller over at FOSS Patents, as saying that he wouldn’t rule out that possibility just yet. Samsung’s spokeswoman however refused to comment on that issue.
While we guess it’s not a stretch of the imagination to think that Samsung could be gunning for Apple’s new iPad, it seems that those of you living in Australia and who are looking forward to getting your hands on the new tablet, everything seems to be in clear for now.
- Researchers Find iOS Security Flaw To Monitor Screen Taps And Keystrokes
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.6/6.1.6 To Fix SSL Encryption Bug
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- iPad Air Has The Best Battery Life Amongst Tablets [Study]
- Office For iPad Could Be Arriving Sooner Than We Think