It is said that our feet are not of the same size, where one is larger than the other always. This means that getting a perfect pair of shoes would mean having them custom made for the best fit – resulting in a more expensive price tag in the end. The European ShopInstantShoe consortium wants to introduce more wearer-friendly technology, and hopes to see the ShopInstantShoe system see action in shoe stores so that women are able to get shoes custom-fitted to their feet right there and then. How does the ShopInstantShoe system work? Well, an employee at the shoe store will take down measurements of a customer’s feet using a specialized tool. This information will then be sent to a computer, which processes it and spews the result to a special “Shoptool” machine that will mold the inner segments of a shoe to fit one’s feet perfectly. Needless to say, if this system ends up being hugely popular, it will no doubt see action for men as well.
Next Story: Queen Orb USB gift box
- 2012-07-18: spnKiX motorized shoes now available for $699
- 2012-07-05: 3D-printed shoes offer totally alien look
- 2012-03-22: ShopInstantShoe system offers custom fitted shoes in an instant
- 2012-02-23: Hooved shoes induce "Shut up and take my money already" syndrome
- 2011-12-14: Carbon Pro Team Shoes keep your feet cool
- 2011-12-08: Electrowetting process helps you generate power while you walk